Do you have spices in the house and you don't know what to do with them? Advice: be bold, just try things out! Every single day, every meal. Today I'm trying mushrooms with fenugreek. Fenugreek is very bitter. To balance it all out I'm using onion (sweet) and a bit of honey on the asparagus. I know it is very healthy and this is why I really want to add more fenugreek to my diet.
The verdict: mushrooms with fenugreek are awesome (hubbies words, he did not know in advance I added fenugreek). And I agree. Don't mind the overcooked asparagus on this photo... next time I will grill them instead. This is how I experiment with spices, there are no rules, just try them out.
The health benefits of fenugreek:
1. Improves Digestive Problems and Cholesterol Levels
2. Reduces Inflammation Inside the Body
3. Increases Libido in Men (not sure how it will effect women ;o)
4. Promotes Milk Flow in Breastfeeding
5. Lowers Inflammation from Outside the Body (wrapped in a cloth applied to the skin for wounds, dandruff, eczema etc.)
6. Helps with weight loss
Other ways to try with fenugreek:
Voedingsdeskundige, slaapexpert voor ondernemers, Natuurgeneeskundig Therapeut, Holistisch leefstijlcoach, in een notendop. Wil je meer over mij weten? Ga dan naar 'Over Barbara'