- Slice the oranges in thin slices, as thin as possible;
- Set your oven to the lowest setting. I tried 150 °C, this was too low, it took ages! So aim for 170 °C.
- Place the orange slices on a baking sheet with baking paper;
- Optional: stick a few clove buds into the orange slices for extra seasonal scent;
- Leave it drying in the oven for a few hours (it depends on the thickness of the slices and the heat of the oven) flipping them and checking on them every now and then. Warning: it could take 6-8 hours so make sure you do this when you are home and able to check every now and then;
- They are ready when they are still orange (not brown) and completely dry;
- Mix the almond oil (or other base oil) with the essential oils;
- Pour the scented salt into a glass jar, tucking in several orange slices for decoration;
- Minimum size would be 375 ml., which will be good for 2 bath soaks, or 1 mega royal bath soak :o)
And vóila, there you have a wonderful gift. This is where I get my favorite oils:
Wild Orange and Clove.
Interested in oils classes? Keep an eye out for the classes on the home page! Top right corner.