School holidays have started and many of you are going on vacation.
Here are three simple snack tips you could use for yourself and your children to keep healthy during your vacation.
- Start your day with a good solid breakfast. For example yoghurt with muesli, fruit and nuts. Or an omelette with lots of veg. Always add fruit or veg. This will give you extra fibres, which keep you feel full for longer.
- Stick to 3 x a day. Don't graze all day long but eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. This way you will avoid getting too hungry at any point in time so you won't snack as much.
- BYO: Bring your own healthy snacks. My absolute favorite is home made peanut butter oatmeal energy balls. But other snacks could be:
- piece of fruit
- hand full of mixed nuts and raisins
- snack size vegetables such as tomato, cucumber, paprika
- muesli bars, the more healthy ones, such as the brand 'Kind'
- 'squeeze' fruit from the supermarket, without added sugars
- small jar of yoghurt with fruit, nuts
Enjoy your healthy vacation!